Today has been one of those days where all I can think about is food. I knew I had some chicken in the fridge and that I wanted to try something new so I spent a good part of today researching “Paleo” chicken recipes and at last I came across Once A Month Mom Paleo Chicken Kiev and I knew I just had to give it ago. I never in my wildest dreams thought I would find a healthy Chicken Kiev recipe!!
For two people you will need:
* 1/2 cup soy milk (you could use any milk though)
* 1 teaspoon lemon juice or vinegar
* 1/4 cup almond meal
* 1/2 cup coconut flour
* Cracked pepper, to taste
* Sea salt, to taste
* 1 tablespoon onion powder
* 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
* 2 cloves garlic, crushed
* 2 tablespoons coconut butter (at room temp so it’s soft but still solid)
* 1 large chicken breast
What to do:
1. Preheat your oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
2. In a shallow bowl add you milk and lemon juice or vinegar and let sit for about 10 minutes to make a buttermilk (alternately your could buy premade butter milk and you could use any milk).
3. In a second bowl combine all your dry ingredients (almond meal, coconut flour, salt, pepper and onion powder).
4. In a third bowl, combine the coconut butter, garlic and parsley and mix together well. If it is a bit cold and the coconut butter is to hard, microwave it for about 10 seconds to soften.
5. Butterfly slice the chicken breast then dredge in the buttermilk mix and coat in the almond / coconut crumb.
6. Divide the coconut butter mix in two serves and place this on the chicken breast and roll. Secure the rolled breast with a couple of wooden tooth picks and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked right through.
This was so good that even the hubby rated it a 9 out of 10!