You know those moments where your guests come round for morning or afternoon tea and you know they are expecting some sort of a guilty treat and coffee? You who is trying to stick to a clean and healthy lifestyle – well don’t fret no more because you could whip these up in next to no time and nobody would know they are good for you unless you tell them!!
So if you love your cakes (and want to be able to eat them too) you will love these Clean Apple and Cinnamon Muffins!!
* 1 apple, cored and diced (I think that next time I will try grating the apple)
* 1 cup almond meal
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 cup coconut flour
* 3 eggs, whisked
* 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
* 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
* 1 heaped tablespoon cinnamon
* pinch of salt
What to do
1. Preheat your oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
2. In a large mixing bowl add your dry ingredients (almond meal, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt) and mix together.
3. Throw in your eggs, oil, rice malt and apples and mix thoroughly.
4. Evenly distribute into your lined muffin tins and bake for 25 – 30 minutes.
5. Let them cool before sitting back and enjoy one or two!
This made 10 muffins for me and trust me, it’s hard not to eat these all in one sitting but remember, whilst these are a great, clean alternative to normal muffins, all good things must be enjoyed in moderation!!
Recipe adapted from PaleOMG