You know those moments where your guests come round for morning or afternoon tea and you know they are expecting some sort of a guilty treat and coffee? You who is trying to stick to a clean and healthy lifestyle – well don’t fret no more because you could whip these up in next to no time and nobody would know they are good for you unless you tell them!!
So if you love your cakes (and want to be able to eat them too) you will love these Clean Apple and Cinnamon Muffins!!
* 1 apple, cored and diced (I think that next time I will try grating the apple)
* 1 cup almond meal
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 cup coconut flour
* 3 eggs, whisked
* 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
* 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
* 1 heaped tablespoon cinnamon
* pinch of salt
What to do
1. Preheat your oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
2. In a large mixing bowl add your dry ingredients (almond meal, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt) and mix together.
3. Throw in your eggs, oil, rice malt and apples and mix thoroughly.
4. Evenly distribute into your lined muffin tins and bake for 25 – 30 minutes.
5. Let them cool before sitting back and enjoy one or two!
This made 10 muffins for me and trust me, it’s hard not to eat these all in one sitting but remember, whilst these are a great, clean alternative to normal muffins, all good things must be enjoyed in moderation!!
Today has been one of those days where all I can think about is food. I knew I had some chicken in the fridge and that I wanted to try something new so I spent a good part of today researching “Paleo” chicken recipes and at last I came across Once A Month Mom Paleo Chicken Kiev and I knew I just had to give it ago. I never in my wildest dreams thought I would find a healthy Chicken Kiev recipe!!
For two people you will need:
* 1/2 cup soy milk (you could use any milk though)
* 1 teaspoon lemon juice or vinegar
* 1/4 cup almond meal
* 1/2 cup coconut flour
* Cracked pepper, to taste
* Sea salt, to taste
* 1 tablespoon onion powder
* 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
* 2 cloves garlic, crushed
* 2 tablespoons coconut butter (at room temp so it’s soft but still solid)
* 1 large chicken breast
What to do:
1. Preheat your oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
2. In a shallow bowl add you milk and lemon juice or vinegar and let sit for about 10 minutes to make a buttermilk (alternately your could buy premade butter milk and you could use any milk).
3. In a second bowl combine all your dry ingredients (almond meal, coconut flour, salt, pepper and onion powder).
4. In a third bowl, combine the coconut butter, garlic and parsley and mix together well. If it is a bit cold and the coconut butter is to hard, microwave it for about 10 seconds to soften.
5. Butterfly slice the chicken breast then dredge in the buttermilk mix and coat in the almond / coconut crumb.
6. Divide the coconut butter mix in two serves and place this on the chicken breast and roll. Secure the rolled breast with a couple of wooden tooth picks and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked right through.
This was so good that even the hubby rated it a 9 out of 10!
Tonight I was really craving something sweet! As I have mentioned before, I am a massive CHOC-A-HOLIC!! But I have set myself a challenge, I am going to go without chocolate for a whole three months, yep you read that right! Three whole months without the taste of a super sweet chocolate bar. Oh and it’s not just chocolate bars I have given up, it’s everything chocolate flavoured down to the coco powder that is spread on my daily cappuccino!!
So what else is there when that craving hits?
Look no further because these little babies will definitely blow the sweet tooth cravings! And in keeping with the nature of my blog, they are a paleo version with NO sugar. These are actually not to bad for you (if you can keep from eating the whole batch!!!!)